Thursday, July 17, 2014

Love Sex Romance, blog no. 3
Bring Food. Arrive Naked. (From the "Romantic Ideas" File.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I try. I really do. I try to find romantic ideas that are specifically for one gender and not the other. You know, Mars/Venus and all that crap. But ninety-nine percent of all romantic gestures work equally well, regardless of which gender is giving or receiving. 
I’d long thought that this idea [bringing food, and arriving naked] was really a guy thing. Because when I suggest it in seminars, the guys hoot and holler and stamp their feet. But then after the seminar, women would take me by the elbow and confide: “It would drive me wild if my guy did this for me! Give me a man in a trench coat with a plate of Godiva chocolates, over a guy in a tuxedo with flowers any day!”
Go figure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Greg



No comments:

Post a Comment