Thursday, July 17, 2014

Love Sex Romance, blog no. 11
The Pooty-Pie Effect.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calvin: I’m never gonna get married. Are you?
Hobbes: Hmmm…I suppose if the right person came along, I might. Someone with green eyes and a nice laugh, who I could call “Pooty-Pie.”
Calvin (With eyes bugging out, and hair standing on end): “POOTY-PIE?!”
Hobbes (With a big grin): Or “Bitsy Pookims.”
Calvin (Sticking his tongue out): I think that would affect my stomach a lot more than my heart.”
Hobbes: “Bitsy Pookims,” I’d say. “Yes, Snoogy Woogy,” she’d reply.

I don’t know about you, but I wish that I had an “Inner Voice” or alter-ego as vivid and as wise as Hobbes. The conversations that I have with myself are usually about convincing myself that my own opinions are right. Calvin, on the other hand, gets to challenge himself and experience different options through Hobbes.
Calvin’s public persona is macho and full of bravado, unwilling to feel the need for female companionship. But his inner self longs for closeness, and actually revels in the thought (just look at Hobbes’ grin in the third panel!).
Some thoughts on “Pooty Pie”: Nearly all close couples have pet names for each other. These names can be     silly, sexy, meaningful or nonsensical—but most of all, they are private. Ask a banker what his wife calls him, and he’ll scowl at you. Ask a lawyer what she calls her lover, and she’ll threaten to sue you. But behind closed doors . . .




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment